Tuesday 22 January 2013

Day 19: Friends

Day 19: Saturday 19th January 2013

Saturday's Menu:
Breakfast: Porridge with water, 1 tsp of sugar and frozen fruit
Lunch: Skipped
Dinner: Rice with kidney beans and veg

I'm sure I have said this about other days but Saturday was definitely one of the most challenging days of the month so far. It was an amazing day in terms I had a great time with my friends, However, it was the day that I was most tempted to sack off the challenge. I sort of resented it actually, it just felt annoying and awkward. It was a day of constant battle with myself.

One of the most challenging parts of the day was our trip to the Chocolate Theatre Cafe in Windsor (which I cant complain about as I suggested it). Its this really cute cafe which sells the most amazing hot chocolates of all different flavours, from chill or orange to amaretto or popping candy, yum! I  was aware that I still  had £10 of my month's budget left, so I was painfully tempted to spend £3.50 of this budget on one of these delicacies. Obviously I restrained my self and 'enjoyed' my free hot water instead. I think the only thing that stopped me diving into my friends scrumptious looking drinks though, was the fact I had a horror of a cold and didn't want to spread the love.

Dinner was lovely, the guys had spag bol, which looked and smelt amazing. I wasn't as fussed though as the portion of beans and rice I had prepared the day before was pretty big and completely filled me up. I did struggle in the evening as everyone was enjoying wine and yummy looking desserts post dinner. I'm not a massive drinker, so giving up alcohol all month hasn't phased me, at all until now. I just really fancy a glass with everyone, but again it wasn't something to cry about. We went to a party in the evening, so I decided to treat myself to a 39p can of diet coke (CRAZY) - I knew this wouldn't break my budget and I thought I definitely deserved a treat after being so strong willed this weekend. The only fall back of this is I know have £9.61 to spend on the last shop - I can definitely work around that 39p.

I had an absolutely fantastic weekend, and was shown that you don't need to enjoy great food and drink with friends to have an amazing time. It's all about the company. I have to say I was going into the weekend with a little less drive for the challenge, resenting my naive and over optimistic December 2012 self for deciding to do this challenge. Yes I was challenged this weekend but the challenge definitely didn't taint the weekend like I expected it too at all. I have to thank my friends for that, as they were ridiculously supportive and encouraging. They have really motivated me to keep going only 12 days left!

I also want to say thank you to every one who has supported me at all this month, whether it be through moral support or donations. If you would like to sponsor me please click here to be taken straight to my just giving page.

1 comment: