Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 1 - Lessons Learnt

Day 1 - Tuesday 1st January 2013

Happy New Year!!! 

Tuesday's menu

Brunch: 50g of Porridge - with water 
Snack: Plum
Dinner: Rice and Veg (75g of rice with stock and 3 tbsp of frozen vegetables)
Drinks: 2 cups of Tea and lots of water

I got off to a Rocky start on Tuesday, but its taught me a few lessons going forward. I spent the new year with the girls from school in London. I had a fantastic time welcoming in the new year with our with some of my favorite peaople and it was made even better by spending the morning catching up in Putney with two of my closest friends from uni. 

My first test of the day went swimmingly. Jess, Eva and I went to a Nero's, I just had a tap water and to be honest I didn't find not having a coffee particularly difficult. In fact I loved the opportunity to save some money. In 2012 my coffee addiction hit an all time high; I must have spent hundreds of pounds in Starbucks, Costa and Nero's, so starting the new year not buying any coffee is probably a good thing. 


One problem I did have was that I had not planed ahead at all. I made the error of not bringing any of the food, that I had bought for the challenge, to London with me. Obviously having spent the week's budget; I couldn't buy anything to eat, and so had to wait until I got home. In this case I was home by 2 and was still lasting on night before's massive meal. So, whilst hungry it wasn't the end of the world. This did however make me realise how important it will be, to be aware of where I am going and for how long. 

Day 1 was going fantastically until I went to cafe rouge in the evening... My friend and I had been on a new year's eve walk and fancied popping somewhere for a drink afterwards. We went to Cafe Rouge, well,  I  completely cracked under the pressure to buy something. I just felt too awkward asking the waiter for just a tap water and so ordered a cup of tea, which cost £2!!!! I can't believe I actually spent two days food on a flipping cup of tea!!!! It's Day 1 and I have already stumbled, how frustrating!! The lovely company and chats that came with the illegal tea however, were definitely worth it. I will be deducting that £2 from the next 2 weeks shops. So next week and the week after it will be £6 for 7 days -  that will teach me.



If you would like to sponsor me for the month, please click here.









No comments:

Post a Comment